Before you depart for Zambia, please ensure that you:
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Obtain fully comprehensive medical insurance.
2. Note our Emergency Evacuation Cover procedure:
Emergency evacuation cover is included in the Volunteer placement fee of $2,500 (2022) and $2750 (2023).
GRI will cover only the exact dates in which you are in our care (i.e. the dates of your GRI placement), not before or after.
Evacuation will be to LUSAKA only.
Submit proof of your medical insurance to GRI. Documents must include your Full Name, Identification number, proof of existing Health Insurance and exact dates of cover.
It is imperative you have their own Health Insurance, on top of this, because once they have been evacuated to LUSAKA, your Health Insurance will take over.
3. Discuss your medical requirements with your doctor/local travel clinic
4. Submit your Next of Kin details
5. Provide your friends & family with our emergency contact number: +260 97 7372593
6. Read and sign GRI's Safety Brief
7. Read and sign GRI's Elephant Specific Safety and Awareness Guide
MAKE YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
1. Coordinate your flights to and from Zambia with the dates indicated in your Letter of Appointment.
Your accommodation at GRI starts and ends on the dates indicated
Holistic Volunteer placements begin in Lusaka (Kenneth Kaunda International Airport)
Holistic Volunteers have the option of ending their placement in Lusaka or Livingstone
If you wish to travel to Zambia early or stay past your placement end date, you must make your own transport and lodging accommodations.
2. Inform us of your travel plans!
1. Familiarise yourself with our Cancellation Policy
2. Read and sign our Intellectual Property Agreement
3. Read and sign our Code of Conduct Agreement
3. Pay your outstanding balance - due 30 days prior to the project start date. We will send you your visa application documents along with your receipt.
4. Obtain a Zambian Business Visa on entry into Zambia.
A visa costs USD$25 cash at the airport.